WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two types of information from our Users:
The first type of information is information that identifies or may reasonably identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information which is being gathered may consist of the following:
- Registration details: When you open an account and register to use the Services, you will be asked to provide us with certain details about yourself, such as: first and last name, email address, gender, birth data, physical address, ID number, phone number, occupation, etc.
- Government-issued ID: In certain instances, you will be required to provide a copy of a government-issued ID, for the identity verification process. Please note that this information is required for certain features of our Services.
- Payment information: In order for you to enjoy all of the functions of the Services (e.g. place bets, perform purchases, play in tournaments, etc.), payment information will be collected from you, such as your debit card number and bank account details.
- Voluntary information: We also collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you respond to communications from us, communicate with us via email or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services, such as on the chat feature and in games.
- Device information: We collect specific types of connection details and information with regard to your device, software or hardware that may identify you, such as: device’s unique identifiers (e.g. UDID, IMEI, MAC address), browser fingerprinting, IP address and geo-location data.
- Telephone calls: We record or monitor telephone calls for customer support, training and/or security purposes.
- Social networks: When you register through your social network account (such as your Facebook account), to use the Services or connect your player account with such account, we will have access to basic information from your social network account, such as your name, birthdate, profile picture and friends’ list, as well as information you made publicly available on such account.
- Feedback, reviews and testimonials: We also collect and display personal testimonials, reviews and feedback of satisfied Users on the Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name, on the Services. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us on the Live Chat or via email at [email protected].
- Information we collect from third parties: We collect Personal Information from third party service providers, such as information about your credit history from credit agencies and other financial information which is relevant to the provision of the Services, as well as information which is gathered in order to verify your identity and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity.
The second type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via the User’s use of the Services (“Non-Personal Information”).
Non-Personal Information which is being collected consists of technical information and aggregated usage information, and may contain, among other things, the User’s operating system, type of browser, screen resolution, browser and keyboard language, the User’s ‘click-stream’ and activities on the Services, the period of time the User visited the Services and related timestamps, etc.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
Types of Non-personal Information we collect from or about you:
• Technical information: In order to enhance the functionality of the Services and to provide you with a better user experience, we collect technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services; etc.).
• Gameplay information: We record game play information including, amongst other things, your deposits, bets, bonuses, game session duration and your high scores. We may also share and publish such information through any of our Platforms.
• Device and connection information: If you download the Software to your device, we may collect information from the particular device you are using, for security and fraud detection and prevention purposes. For example, we may gather information with regard to other software which is running simultaneously with the Software for detecting if you are using software which is associated with fraudulent activity (e.g. robots, malware, etc.) or checking if the connection you are using is via a VPN or proxy.
• Analytics information: We collect information about your use of the Services, such as applications’ usage, log files, user activity (e.g. pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.), time stamps, alerts, etc. This information is collected for amongst other things troubleshooting errors and bugs as well as for research and analytics purposes about your use of the Services.
The Services are not designed or directed to persons under the age of 18 or persons under the age of legal consent with respect to the use of the Services of any jurisdiction, whichever is higher (“Legally of Age”). If you are not Legally of Age, you should not download or use the Services nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you. In the event that we become aware that a user who is not Legally of Age has shared any information, we may discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us.
CONDITIONS FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will process your Personal Information for a variety of reasons, each of which is prescribed by relevant data protection laws.
Fulfillment of a contract, compliance with a legal obligation. It is necessary for us to process your Personal Information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract (such as for the User Agreement) or in order for us to comply with our various legal and/or regulatory responsibilities, including, but not limited to, complying with the conditions of our gambling licenses and complying with any AML and KYC legislation. There may be circumstances in which the licensee may be obliged to forward personal information to any relevant competent Authority
We also process your Personal Information where we deem such processing to be in our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests and provided always that such processing will not prejudice your interests, rights and freedoms. Examples of us processing in accordance with legitimate interests would include: (i) where we disclose your Personal Information to any one or more of our associate/subsidiary companies following a restructure or for internal administrative purposes; (ii) detection and retention of information pertaining to those with responsible gambling issues; (iii) processing for the purposes of ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our electronic communications network; (iv) safeguarding the integrity of our Services by combatting, reporting and sharing information related to suspicious betting patterns or fraudulent activities; (v) adhering to regulatory and statutory requirements; (vi) devising a tailored reward scheme for players; and (vii) sharing personal information with our advisers and professional services providers (such as auditors) for ensuring our compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
Our processing of your Personal Information will primarily be necessary for us to provide you with the Services. However, on certain occasions we may ask for your consent to processing Personal Information. In these instances your Personal Information will be processed in accordance with such consent, and you will be able to withdraw this consent in writing at any time.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Our processing of your Personal Information may also involve special categories of personal data, such as your racial or ethnic origin (as defined under Article 9 of the GDPR). We will process such information, as well as disclose it to competent authorities (such as licensing bodies or law enforcement bodies), where it is necessary for the following purposes (to the extent permissible by applicable law): (i) prevention or detection of an unlawful act, (ii) prevention of dishonesty, malpractice or other seriously improper conduct, provided that obtaining your consent may prejudice those purposes. In addition, we may process and disclose such information where it is necessary for the purposes of safeguarding your (or others’) economic well-being (such as detection and retention of information pertaining to those with responsible gambling issues).
HOW WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
We use your Personal Information for the purposes listed below:
- To set up, manage and update your account.
- To provide and operate the Services (such as for betting and payment processing).
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Services and special offers.
- To market our Services (see more below under “Marketing”), as well as to serve you advertisements, including behavioral advertising.
- To promote our Services by displaying Users’ testimonials of our Services. The testimonials are displayed on our Services as well as on websites operated by our affiliates and partners.
- To conduct analytics, statistical and research purposes, in order to improve and customize the Services to your needs and interests (such as by compiling aggregated reports about the usage of certain features of our Services).
- For Customer Relationship Management purposes, and to support and troubleshoot the Services and to respond to your queries.
- To enable us to further develop, customize and improve the Services based on Users’ common preferences and uses.
- To provide you with a responsible gaming environment.
- To communicate with you and to process any of your requests to exercise your User Rights.
- To identify and authenticate your access to certain features of the Services.
- To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Services, including by identifying risks associated with your activity on our Services.
- To investigate violations of our policies and User Agreement as well as enforce our policies and the User Agreement.
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services; and
- As required by law or regulation (such as Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti-Money Laundering regulatory requirements), or as required by other governmental authorities, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
BetRegal will use your Personal Information, such as your name, home address, email address, telephone number etc., ourselves or by using our third party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning the Services as well as products, services, websites and applications which relate to: (i) other companies within BetRegal; (ii) White Label Brands; or (iii) Group’s business partners and affiliates (collectively: “Marketing Affiliates”, which we believe may interest you).
We may also share and disclose Personal Information with our Marketing Affiliates for the purpose of providing you different marketing offers, which we, or our Marketing Affiliates, believe are relevant for you, where we have a legitimate interest to do so or where we obtained your consent. Our Marketing Affiliates may use this Personal Information for different marketing techniques, such as direct email, post, SMS and telephone..
You may at any time decline receiving further marketing offers from us or from our business partners and marketing affiliates by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications.
We will occasionally send you push notifications concerning the Services and products, services, websites and applications which relate to us, as well as to keep you informed of the latest improvements, features and other developments related to the Service. You may opt-out of receiving these types of communications by turning off push notifications at the device level at any time.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We share Personal Information with any of the following recipients which may be outside Canada
- White Label Brands, including any replacement service provider that the White Label Brand may engage to operate the White Label Brands (if applicable).
- Companies within BetRegal and other affiliated companies.
- Subcontractors and third party service providers, as well as their subcontractors, which by way of example include (but is not limited to) cloud computing companies, marketing affiliates, identity verification and fraud prevention services, and other data verifiers.
- Credit reporting agencies.
- Payment service providers, payment processors and banks.
- Any third parties who provide services in relation to the operation or promotion of the applicable In House Brand or the White Label Brands (if applicable).
- Any third parties who organize offline events or tournaments on behalf of or in conjunction with any companies within BetRegal.
- Hotels and flight companies (such as in the context of offline events and promotions);
- Auditors, contractors or advisers of any of BetRegal’s business processes.
- Third parties who investigate, detect or prevent fraudulent or illegal activity (e.g. governmental authorities, police, banks and other investigatory organizations).
- Licensing authorities, governmental and regulatory bodies, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Storing such information on our behalf, for example by using cloud computing service providers.
- Processing such information to assist us with our business operations (e.g. to process payments and your deposits; authenticate your access; auditing our operations; detect and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity; etc.).
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics.
- Communicating targeted advertising, as well as promotional and informational materials, in accordance with our marketing policy (see above, under “Marketing”).
THIRD PARTY TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
When you visit or access our Services (for example when you visit our websites), we use (and authorize third parties to use) web beacons, cookies, pixels, scripts, tags and other technologies (“Tracking Technologies”).
The Tracking Technologies allow us to automatically collect information about you and your online behavior, as well as your device (for example your computer or mobile device), for different purposes, such as in order to enhance your navigation on our Services, improve our Services’ performance and customize your experience on our Services. We also use this information to collect statistics about the usage of our Services, perform analytics, deliver content which is tailored to your interests and administer services to our Users, advertisers, publishers, customers and partners.
We also allow third parties to collect information about you through Tracking Technologies.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
You should always review their privacy practices carefully before providing Personal Information to such third parties.
You are knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of using any third-party websites, services or applications. You agree that we shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to such third party sites and your usage of them.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have registered with an account through our Services, BetRegal will retain your Personal Information during the period your account is active. In addition, BetRegal will retain your Personal Data for additional periods, to enable BetRegal to meet its legal obligations under applicable laws or regulations, such as the applicable gambling regulations, Know-Your-Customer and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
In addition, BetRegal may retain your Personal Information for longer periods, provided that retaining such information is necessary for BetRegal’s legitimate interests, such as fraud prevention and record keeping.
You may contact us at any time via email at [email protected] and request:
- To access any Personal Information relating to you.
- To change or update any Personal Information relating to you (for example, if you believe that your Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted). Note that you may also request that we will correct errors with regard to your Personal Information (except in cases where the information is required to be kept in its original format under any applicable laws and regulations).
- That we will restrict or cease any further use of your Personal Information.
- That we will provide the Personal Information you volunteered to us in a machine-readable format.
Please note that these rights are not absolute, and requests are subject to any applicable legal requirements, including gambling regulations and other legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations. We may also rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion, in accordance with our internal policies. At any time you have a possibility to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURED
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We have put in place appropriate physical and technological safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to correctly use the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
We employ industry standard procedures and controls to ensure the safety of our users’ information, such as:
- Secure network topology, which includes intrusion prevention and Firewall systems.
- Encrypted communication.
- Authentication and Access Control.
- External and Internal audit tests; etc.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any general questions about the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us via email at [email protected].